Annual Parish Report (September 1, 2017 - August 31, 2018)
The overall financial condition of the parish is very good. In fact, our total net assets (i.e. our financial resources minus our financial obligations) have grown to $633,061. This is a direct result of closely managing our expenses and increased giving from our parish family. I wish to express my gratitude to the members of the Finance Council – Dario Rossi (Chairperson), Argante Cappelli, Neil DeRosa, Brian Dossie, and Kathleen Wright along with Trustees - Mercedes Colwin and Charles Pendola for their wise counsel and advice. We thank Brian Dossie and Neil DeRosa for their service to the Finance Committee and welcome Michael Cardello.
- Our Regular Collections, which include Sundays, Holydays, Christmas, Easter and Special collections have increased to $403,188 compared to last year’s $400,887.
- The parish has 1,454 families registered.
- Online Giving represents about 17% of those who donate. We continue to encourage our parish family to use WeShare which has the potential to increase giving and reduce administrative costs.
- Approximately 498 envelopes are mailed every other month. Of these, approximately 175 contribute regularly.
- Every parish in the Diocese is required to fund two specific Diocesan financial mandates. Our fiscal responsibility for this past year includes $106,015 for the Diocesan School subsidy and $57,909 for the Diocesan assessment.
- We have been able to continue to provide lease space to two not-for-profit tenants in the former school building. This rental income contributes significantly to the overall financial well-being of the Parish.
- Due to your generous support in donations and fundraising, we have been able to set aside over $100,000 for future capital improvements in the Church & former school.
- Net Fundraising Activities reached $130,920 which includes the Annual Golf Outing, Feast & Festival and Catholic Ministries Appeal
- The annual Golf Outing recognized Loretta Dressler, Marie & Charles Pendola, Donna & Dario Rossi, Connie & Phil Saglimbene, Doris & Jerry Stanick who collectively, have donated hundreds if not thousands of hours in service to our parish.
- God graced the parish with spectacular weather for our annual St. Pius X Feast & Festival which had more than 250 volunteers, and record attendance and sponsorship. Truly the Miracle of the Feast was the warmth of our parish family - the joy of seeing fathers & mothers serving side by side with their children, young serving with those a generation (or two) between them, professionally trained chefs & bartenders volunteering their skills, new parishioners jumping right in and got involved.
- Total payments to the 2017 Catholic Ministries Appeal reached $85,716 from which the parish received a rebate of $46,972. We are grateful to our parish CMA Coordinator, Clare Crossley.
- Average Mass attendance has increased approximately 5% over last year! For this, we give thanks!
- Our monthly Family Liturgy is well attended as is "San Pio Cafe" which welcomes everyone to hospitality following the liturgy and provides an opportunity to get to know one another.
- Bi-annual meetings of our Ministry Leaders continue to encourage strategic planning, spiritual development and ongoing faith formation among all members of our ministries. We are pleased to ministries working together to offer creative opportunities for prayer followed by a social event.
- Welcome/Consolation Ministry – Our Bakers Ministry continues to prepare baked goods along with a parish card of welcome and delivers to all new parishioners approximately a month following parish registration. In addition, our bakers deliver home baked goods along with a parish card of condolence approximately a month following the funeral to families who have lost loved ones.
- Our PreK Bible program taught by experienced educator, Cathy Polz is flourishing!
- Enrollment: 248 students – while this represents a 3% decline from the prior year, we believe it reflects the demographics of the area.
CYO - Our CYO Program under the leadership of Carlos Vieira (Basketball) and Laura Feijoo (Volleyball) continues to be an asset to the youth in the community. While the program provides financial support to the parish, we are most grateful for the life lessons and guidance offered to all the children in the program.
Capital & Other Improvements
- Refurbishing and cushioning of Church pews
- Renovation of two restrooms in the former school building
- Repair of fountain near the Grotto and as well as new brick work
- Repair of walkways around the property
- Installation of LED display sign in front of the church
- Installation of new energy efficient lighting for the parking lots
- Installation of new flooring in Madonna Hall kitchen and RM #1 of the former school building
Open to Dialogue! - The Pastor continues to gather with a group of parents to engage in an ongoing dialogue so that he can more fully understand the needs and concerns of families and how our parish family is (or is not) responding.
God Bless You,
Charles Pendola CPA, Esq. (Trustee) & Fr. Valentine
|Sundays & Holydays||344,838||343,958|
|Christmas & Easter||58,350||56,929|
|Total Regular Collections||403,188||400,887|
|Catholic Ministries Appeal||40,810||42,581|
|Donations & Bequest||93,442||51,490|
|Votive, Shrines, Baptism, Weddings||26,287||29,151|
|Total Other Revenue||136,081||96,217|
|Restricted revenue for capital improvements defered to 2017-2018||-126,359|
|Excludes rental inc, Dioc coll|
|Salaries & Benefits
(excludes Rel Ed salary only)
|Total Parish Programs||101,903||105,515|
|Regional School Subsidy||48,106||46,744|
|Postage, printing, supplies||4,975||6,133|
|Telephone (includes cable)||7,109||6,828|
|Office leases/Contracted Services||10,708||11,925|
|Liturgical Expenses (includes flowers)||14,030||14,791|
|Building & Maintenance|
|Maintenance & Repairs||24,479||20,604|
|Total Building & Maintenance||252,020||85,004|
|Net (exclusive of Rental Income)||(12,707)||(20,158)|
|Rental Income (Net)||164,846||158,641|
|Net Assets (August 31, 2018)||633,061|
|Net Assets (August 31, 2017)||480,922|
|Net Assets (August 31, 2016)||342,440|
|Net Assets (August 31, 2015)||288,349|