Welcome to St. Pius X Parish!
We extend a warm welcome to all who worship with us or just stop by to visit our church. We hope that you find our parish community a place where your life of faith will be nourished. We also hope that you will share your special gifts with the community. Your prayers, your presence, and your talents are most welcome. Please introduce yourself after Mass.
Sundays: 7:00, 8:30, 10:30am & 12:00pm
Monday - Saturday Daily Mass: 8:45am
Vigil of Holyday: 3:45pm
Holy Day: 8:45am, 12:15pm & 7:30pm
1 Saint Pius Court, Plainview NY 11803-4041
270 Washington Ave, Plainview NY 11803
Parish Office: (516)938-3956
Saturday & Sunday: 9am-1pm
Faith Formation Office: (516)822-8348
Emergency Ph (outside of business): (516)661-5117
The Mass of Resurrection of Lettie Marie Graham - June 21, 2022
Mass on the Beach - Sunday, July 10th @ 6:00 PM
St. Pius X Youth Group Invites you All
Sunday, July 10th @ 6:00 PM
Come and join us as we celebrate and worship God in Jesus Christ in the Holy Eucharist on the beach! All are welcome to join us. It’s our celebration of Jesus as the Way, the Truth, and the Life.
It’s the main way that we celebrate God’s love in our lives and deepen our relationship with him.
This is the Eucharist, so how should I dress? Can I bring anything? Come prepared as you would be for the beach.
Feel free to bring sunglasses and a hat (it’ll probably be sunny!), and definitely bringsomething to sit on like a chair or a blanket.
If you want to have a picnic afterwards, bring some grub, too.
And, hey, maybe bring a friend, too
2022 Golf Outing - 20th Annual - June 20, 2022
20TH ANNUAL ST. PIUS X GOLF OUTING - June 20, 2022
Our 2022 STPX Golf Outing was a great success! It was the idea of Mr. Dario Rossi to have the Golf Outing the next day of Father's Day and it worked out well. We had a record number of Golfers 158. Can you believe that??? Thanks Dario. Our Golfers came out and enjoyed a beautiful day of golf and fellowship. We can't thank Brookville Country Club (especially Manage Carl O’Boyle) enough for being the perfect host, taking care of every detail. Thank you to our sponsors, golfers, and volunteers for your support and hard work, which helps us continue to upkeep our St. Pius X Parish.
The Annual Golf Outing is the major fundraising event for our parish, and this year I am pleased to share that net proceeds will help to assist to upgrade the restrooms in the school building which houses the ACDS (Association for children of the Down Syndrome) Program. Once we have a final accounting of the Golf Outing I will share with you the actual net.
Honorees – There are many who support our parish deserving of special recognition. It’s always a fear of mine that I may miss someone when it comes to showing my heartfelt appreciation. For this year’s Annual Golf Outing, we have recognized parishioners who have served (and continue to serve) our parish family: Mary Carracino – LI Locksmith Inc. and also Mr. and Mrs. Richard and Marie Marcantonio, very dedicated and supportive parish family, and local business owners Mr. Sal of La Familia and Steven and Carl Cohen of Town Bagel. Their service spans every organization and ministry; it is impossible to account for their contributions ... it would be to me. The next time you see one of our honorees, please join me in saying “Thank you”!
Major Sponsors – Many thanks to our major sponsors: Mercedes Colwin, Ed and Janet Lee, Vernon C. Wagner Funeral Home (Pat Crowe), Mary O’Toole and Bayly Tyler, Marie and Richard Marcantonio, Joan Dubritz, Steve and Kim Memoli, Philip and Gail DelPrete, Laverne and Shirley and Lucy and Ethel (these are real characters of St. Pius X)
Planning an event of this magnitude and importance, requires the support of many. Energy I have – but if the logistics for the Annual Golf Outing were left to me, well – I am grateful we will never need to find out. Recognition and thanks to those who shared time and talent to bring us to this day, including the members of the Golf Committee and to those who spent hour upon hour soliciting for and creatively decorating the raffle baskets.
- Golf Committee– Fred Morante (Chairperson), Dario Rossie, Anne Bantleon, Pat Crowe, Claudia Stewart, Loretta Dressler, Virginia Wildemann, Michael Mastorides
- Raffle Baskets– Anne Bantleon, Claudia Stewart, Debbie Mazzola, Loretta Dressler, Virginia Wildemann. A very special THANKS to Claudia and Anne Bantelon who for months has been scouring various stores to purchase items for our baskets with amazing determination and creativity.
- Master of Ceremony– After skillfully playing a round of golf, Dario Rossi donned his tuxedo pants and surprised us with a Green jacket (very stylish) and assumed the role of “Master of Ceremony” and auctioneer for the evening events. His talent and presence truly made the evening a HUGE success. Thank you Dario!
- Stephanie Morda, Angela and John Manzi, Virginia Wildemann, Loretta Dressler – Many thanks for the endless hours spent canvassing the local business community for sponsorships and /or gift certificates for our raffle baskets. In addition, Laverne and Shirley are my go-to girls who help to keep me focused ... not an easy task!
- Transportation Squad– We are grateful to those who responded to my plea to assist with the transportation of raffle baskets, signs, giveaways, etc. The following arrived at 7am with their SUVs and cars ready to help! Thank you to all.
- Registration / Event Assistants– Our smart and energetic Business Manager Sarah Sedita (meticulous about every minute details) and her daughter Michaela Sedita, Claudia Stewart (pastoral associate for the parish events), Gerry Stanick, Loretta Dressler, Viriginia Wildemann, Linda Munden, Gail Gomula, Anna Terrano, Jose Pin Amen, Cathy Polz, Debbie Mazzola, Pattie Caiazza, Caitlin Leach.
- Photography– We are indebted to parishioner Bobby Peña who spent the day with us snapping great pictures to memorialize the event.
And where would we be with a “Tee Party” if no one showed up! A very special thanks to the golfers, friends and family who joined us for the day. To all our sponsors, we are very grateful for your continued support! Maybe you were unable to join us but purchased a raffle ticket or two. Or maybe it was your prayers that helped to make this event a success (and FINALLY the weather perfect). We thank you for responding to our call!
Save the Date: 21st Annual Golf Outing - Monday, June 19th 2023
13th Sunday in Ordinary Time - June 26, 2022
13th Sunday of Ordinary Time - June 26, 2022
The Most Holy Body & Blood of Christ - June 19, 2022
The Most Holy Body & Blood of Christ - June 19, 2022
SAVE THE DATE - 2022 ST. PIUS X FEAST
THURSDAY, AUGUST 11TH
SUNDAY, AUGUST 14TH, 2022
Feast Volunteers Needed
It takes a village to make a Feast!
With the Family Feast of St Pius quickly approaching, we are all looking forward to authentic homemade Italian cooking, the smell of sausage and peppers, perfectly spiced Indian specialties, the delectable desserts and perhaps relaxing with a glass of wine.
But, it takes a team of 70 every day to make this happen. We need your time and talent! No matter your skill, we have a job for you..
From the set up, to helping in the kitchen, to serving our guests, we need your help!
As a part of our Parish Family, we are asking for whatever time or days that you can donate to help build our Community Event.
No experience necessary, we will show you the ropes….
And a promise… you will have fun!!
Claudia Stewart, Feast Committee Chairperson
2022 St. Patrick & St. Joseph Party - March 12, 2022
History of St. Pius X - 60th Anniversary Video
History of St. Pius X - Cooking with Marion Celenza & Fr. Valentine
Serving God by Serving Others
Serving God by Serving Others
Your support helps form our priests, deacons and lay leaders; train our religious education catechists and adult faith formation leaders; help our young people grow in faith and prepare for reception of the Sacraments. You also help support the programs and services that provide care and comfort to so many through Catholic Charities and Parish Outreach programs. No contribution is too small.
OPENING OF THE SYNODAL PATH
Moment of Reflection
October 10, 2021
"By walking together, and together reflecting on the journey made, the Church will be able to learn from what it will experience which processes can help it to live communion, to achieve participation, to open itself to mission." Pope Francis
Synod on Synodality Explained!
We are Prayerful!
We are Engaged!
We are Service Committed!
Our Patron Saint
St. Pius X!
- Fr. Valentine Rebello, Pastor
- Fr. Chux Okochi, Ph.D., Week-end Assistant
- Deacon John Burkart, Deacon
- Linda Munden, Parish Secretary
- Mrs. Gail Gomula, Director of Faith Formation
- Mr. Jose Pin-Amen, Facilities Manager
- Sarah Sedita, Business Manager
- Anna Terrano, Receptionist (Weekend)
- Virginia Wildemann, Receptionist (Weekday)