Welcome to St. Pius X Parish!
We extend a warm welcome to all who worship with us or just stop by to visit our church. We hope that you find our parish community a place where your life of faith will be nourished. We also hope that you will share your special gifts with the community. Your prayers, your presence, and your talents are most welcome. Please introduce yourself after Mass.
Sundays: 7:00, 8:30, 10:30am & 12:00pm
Monday - Saturday Daily Mass: 8:45am
Vigil of Holyday: 3:45pm
Holy Day: 8:45am, 12:15pm & 7:30pm
Reconciliation: Saturdays 3:00-3:45pm or by appointment
1 Saint Pius Court, Plainview NY 11803-4041
270 Washington Ave, Plainview NY 11803
Parish Office: (516)938-3956
Saturday & Sunday: 9am-1pm
Faith Formation Office: (516)822-8348
Emergency Ph (outside of business): (516)661-5117
St. Pius X Oktoberfest - October 1, 2022
A St. Pius X event sponsored by the St. Pius X Knights of Columbus.
All are welcome!
Saturday, October 1st @ 6:30 PM
Blessing of the Animals - Oct. 2, 2022
Mark your calendars for the annual Blessing of the Animals
Feast of St. Francis of Assisi
Sunday, October 2 at 1:00pm
Bring your pet to our blessing service on the lawn between the Church and the Rectory office (Near Grotto). St. Francis of Assisi is the patron saint of animals, among many other things. We will start at 1:00 pm and go until all are blessed.
Birds, snakes, cats, hamsters, rabbits, fish and dogs, are all welcome! See you and your pets there! *
note, we do not have adequate space for Lions, Tigers and Elephants, Camels, Crocodiles and Sharks. (Hahahahahhaha)
7th Annual Ann Asparro Run 100 Miles For Hope
7th Annual Ann Asparro Run 100 Miles For Hope
Please keep Jay Asparro in your prayers!
Halloween Party - Sat. Oct. 29, 2022
October 29, 2022
St. Pius X Annual
Children are invited to attend the 5:15 Mass in their costumes and join the party in the Gym after Mass until 9:00 PM
Music by DJ Rica Coelho
Save the Date - Blood Drive
Save The Date:
DECEMBER 4, 2022
9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
27th Sunday in Ordinary Time - September 18, 2022
27th Sunday of Ordinary Time - October 2, 2022
26th Sunday in Ordinary Time - September 25, 2022
26th Sunday in Ordinary Time - September 25, 2022
9/11/2022 Memorial Prayer Service
We had a beautiful 9/11 memorial prayer service in our church. The church was packed. Many thanks to everyone who came to remember and pray for all who were lost twenty one years ago. It was truly overwhelming to see everyone from all different ages, religions, and backgrounds come together in prayer.
Blessing of the Backpacks - September 11, 2022
Bishop Andrzej presided over the Family Mass on 9/11/2022. He was impressed with our attendance during the Mass and he participated in the hospitality which was sponsored by our St. Pius X Senior Club.
During the service Bishop blessed our Faith Formation Program Coordinators and the Catechists and new backpacks of our children.
Thank you Feast Volunteers
My dear parish family,
Year 2022 is still a recovery year from the COVID 19 pandemic. It takes a lot of risk and trust in God and people to plan and run a mega parish festival of St. Pius X.
Something wonderful happens to our parish each summer during our Feast and Festival ... I call it the “Miracle of the Feast”. More than 200 volunteers came together to create the experience we call the St. Pius X Feast and Festival.
What is remarkable about this? Fathers and mothers served side by side with their children, the young served with those a generation (or two) between them – professionally trained chefs and bartenders volunteered their skills, new parishioners jumped right in and got involved, teens volunteered to be dunked to raise funds for the parish Youth Group - even the pastor donned an apron to prepare two delectable Indian specials (Bombay Chicken Vindaloo, Malabar Curry Chicken and Channa Masala- chickpeas and potatoes, over Basmati rice and Mediterranean organic salad).
At the Feast, we are truly a family (Literally and Spiritually) working together (as our Holy Father Pope Francis declared last year - Synod2023). It was a living experience of Walking Together, hand in hand. While the hours were long and the work at times grueling, the smiles and enthusiasm were infectious. Everyone claims that I have lots of energy but let me tell you I have nothing compared to the dedicated volunteers who after a long day at work came to give their time to assure the success of our Feast. So GRAZIE MOLTO to our ...
- Choppers who started the day and didn’t mind ‘crying’ over the onions
- Volunteers who signed up for one day, and returned for one or more
- Volunteers who signed up for one job and agreed to do another
- Volunteers who danced while serving our guests
- Beer/Wine servers who made ‘happy hour’ happier
- Grillers who sweated over the HOT grills
- Our WONDERFUL Youth who served while smiling
- Dishwashers who didn’t mind getting wet – special thanks to Rosemary and Dominic Spampinato, Andy and Nancy Terrano, Barbara Brown, Virginia Wildemann
- Sal’s sous chefs and assistant chefs Nancy and Andy Terrano, Enza Caruso, Josephine and Tony Picciurro, Debbie Mazzola, Barbara Brown, Joann Saya and her sister in law Veronica.
- Youth Group who braved COLD water in the dunk tank with our Youth Director Steve Rhoads and his assistants Brandan Von Runnen and Ryan Ferrell
- Many food runners who balanced heroes and pasta with a smile. Can you believe that planning for the Feast began last Fall? You cannot imagine the countless hours of planning and level of details required to prepare for the Feast! A special thanks to the Feast Planning Committee: Claudia Stewart (CHAIR – meticulous in every detials), Anne Bantleon, Sal Spano, Anthony Corrente, CarolAnn DalCeredo, Denise Piulson, Virginia Wildemann, Loretta Dressler, Brendan Humbert. Many thanks to José Pín Amen (and his assistants Marvin and Jackson) who worked day and night, making sure, everything is working out well, my MAN on GoRun, and Nick Carnivale for lending his mechanical and electrical expertise to set-up as well as being on-call daily for any issues.
Days before the feast, our Madonna Hall Kitchen was thorougly cleaned under the direction of Claudia Stewart by Virginia Wildemann, Loretta Dressler, Vicky Pardo, Debbie Mazzola, Lucille Walsh, Judy Dennis.
We are most grateful to Claudia Stewart and Sal Spano for assisting with the overall coordination of the daily activities and Gail Gomula and Steve Rhoads for coordinating all of our Youth volunteers.
We cannot forget the office staff for all their efforts behind the scenes. Thank You to our Business manager Sarah Sedita, Parish secretary Linda Munden, weekend assistants Virginia Wildemann, Anna Terrano and Michaela Sedita. Special thanks to our parish photographer, Bobby Peña for capturing memories of the Feast in pictures!
Words cannot express our gratitude to Claudia Stewart who served as Chief-in-Charge of the Feast. Claudia is a faithful and dedicated servant and pastoral associate of the parish events and activities coordinator on whom I, as pastor, rely on in more ways than I can count! I am blessed to call her a very dedicated servant of God and our STPX Church Family!
Special thanks to Mr. Peter Mayrose, Fire Department for loaning his truck to us for the duration of the Feast!
A very special thanks to our Executive Chef, Sal Spano and his assistants Nancy Terrano, Enza Caruso, whose culinary talent and attention to quality and presentation makes our Feast unique. For Sal, Enza Caruso and Nancy Terrano, each morning of the Feast begins with a trip to the market as nothing but fresh ingredients will be due. We are blessed that Sal loves to cook and bake! So where did Sal pick up his expert Italian culinary skills? We do not have to look further than his heavenly Mama and Papa Spano. A special recognition to Mr. and Mrs. Spano (Benjamin and Victoria) for leaving behind the recipes of the homemade Italian sauce and meatballs.
A very special thanks to our many sponsors whose generosity helped to offset the cost of the Feast.
Mercedes Colwin, Vernon C. Wagner Funeral Homes, Ray and Linda Ludwig, The Orth / Carlucci Family, Mary O'Toole & Bayly Tyler, Richard & Marie Marcantonio, Joan DuBritz, Ed and Janet Lee, Edith M. Heinlein, The Knights of Columbus - St. Pius X Council # 10332, The Imbroto Family, GYMGUYZ, The Slansky Family, Mary and Dr. Anthony Cordaro, St. Pius X Columbiettes, Richard & Kathleen Wright, PLI Builders, The Pendola Family, Jane and Joseph Kosiba, The Cooke Family, Laverne & Shirley, The Sieben-Ryan Family, Madelyn Sieben, Uncle Guisseppe INC., The Horan Family, Nicole and Thomas Falcone, Rita Hansen, The Cravings, La Familia, Caroline and Cliff Morello,
Special thanks to our entertainers!
- Thursday: DJ Brian Morbito (Crowd Control Entertainment) My Friend
- Friday: Radio Active
- Saturday: The Switch and Rica Coelho (DJ)
- Sunday: DJ Joe Salemi, My Friend.
We must thank the Nassau County Police Department for providing police each evening to assure the safety of all who attended the Feast!
Many thanks to our neighboring parish of Our Lady of Mercy who loaned us industrial outside cooking equipment - our outdoor chefs loved it!
Many thanks to all who prayed for good weather! Our loving God graced us with perfect weather!
While our Feast felt the loss of dedicated friends and volunteers Jim Reilly, Ralph and Gloria Plaisance, Sal Mascolo, Audrey Maune, Artie Venezia, Susan Shoppmann, Sal Mascolo, Victoria and Benjamin Spano, Maryanne Reitschlin, Michael DiCarlo, Fred Piulson, Letty Graham, Stefan Grzechowiak, Fr. Bob McGuire and Joseph Panacciulli, their presence was felt by all. We are certain they continue to look over their beloved parish family with a smile.
The true Miracle of the Feast is to witness our parish family and community coming together with a spirit of giving and sharing (a true meaning of Synod2023). continue to be amazed at the love our parish family shares with each other!
God Bless You,
Claudia Stewart (Feast Committee Chair)
Feast Volunteer Thank You Dinner - September 9, 2022
On September 9, we were so grateful to be able to gather as a Parish Family to thank all the volunteers who helped make this year's Feast a great success.
It was a great evening, filled with stories of everyone enjoying the time we spent together on those wonderful summer days and nights during the Feast.
Special thanks to our Feast Committee Chairperson, Claudia Stewart, for all her work behind the scenes in planning and coordinating this year's Feast and Thank You dinner.
2022 ST. PIUS X FEAST
Thank You to Our Feast Sponsors
Faith Formation 2022-2023
Faith Formation Class began Sunday, September 18, 2022.
Please contact the Faith Formation Office for late registrations at (516) 822-8348 or [email protected]
Knights of Columbus Newsletter
Mass on the Beach - August 21, 2022
Thank you to the St. Pius X Youth Group for coordinating our 2nd TOBAY Beach Mass of the summer. Beautiful weather, blue water and sky, we were blessed during this beautiful celebration of the Eucharist.
Notice of Deadlines Requiring Filing of Adult Survivors Act Sexual Abuse Proofs of Claim on or before October 10, 2022
Mass on the Beach - Sunday, July 10th
Nearly 80-90 people gathered at TOBAY Beach – Ocean Side to celebrate the first Mass, organized by the St. Pius X Youth Group. Beautiful weather, blue water and sky, and Mr. Jay Asparro’s witness to his faith journey, captured the message of the Sunday Liturgy.
Planning for the next Mass in the month of August.
St. Pius X Family Picnic - Sunday, July 10th
It takes many hands to make any parish event an enjoyable, successful event. “I just want—to say—thank you” to all of the amazing people who helped out last Sunday for our Parish Picnic at POB Park.
As with every year, our picnic would not have come together the way it did without all the volunteers who helped on the day of, from the people who set up, cooked and served the food, conducted the games, the many who brought a dish to share, be it food or desserts, helped us take down and clean up — thank you.
We are a wonderful Parish because of you. We hope everyone who came had a great time. A special thank you to our members of Knights of Columbus under the leadership of Mr. Grand Knight Marc Cashman and the sister Columbiettes for facilitating the whole event for supplying the hamburgers, brats, hotdogs, corn, and for being there to cook and feed the many. Again, thank you to everyone who lent a hand and to all those who attended our parish picnic.
2022 Golf Outing - 20th Annual - June 20, 2022
20TH ANNUAL ST. PIUS X GOLF OUTING - June 20, 2022
Our 2022 STPX Golf Outing was a great success! It was the idea of Mr. Dario Rossi to have the Golf Outing the next day of Father's Day and it worked out well. We had a record number of Golfers 158. Can you believe that??? Thanks Dario. Our Golfers came out and enjoyed a beautiful day of golf and fellowship. We can't thank Brookville Country Club (especially Manage Carl O’Boyle) enough for being the perfect host, taking care of every detail. Thank you to our sponsors, golfers, and volunteers for your support and hard work, which helps us continue to upkeep our St. Pius X Parish.
The Annual Golf Outing is the major fundraising event for our parish, and this year I am pleased to share that net proceeds will help to assist to upgrade the restrooms in the school building which houses the ACDS (Association for children of the Down Syndrome) Program. Once we have a final accounting of the Golf Outing I will share with you the actual net.
Honorees – There are many who support our parish deserving of special recognition. It’s always a fear of mine that I may miss someone when it comes to showing my heartfelt appreciation. For this year’s Annual Golf Outing, we have recognized parishioners who have served (and continue to serve) our parish family: Mary Carracino – LI Locksmith Inc. and also Mr. and Mrs. Richard and Marie Marcantonio, very dedicated and supportive parish family, and local business owners Mr. Sal of La Familia and Steven and Carl Cohen of Town Bagel. Their service spans every organization and ministry; it is impossible to account for their contributions ... it would be to me. The next time you see one of our honorees, please join me in saying “Thank you”!
Major Sponsors – Many thanks to our major sponsors: Mercedes Colwin, Ed and Janet Lee, Vernon C. Wagner Funeral Home (Pat Crowe), Mary O’Toole and Bayly Tyler, Marie and Richard Marcantonio, Joan Dubritz, Steve and Kim Memoli, Philip and Gail DelPrete, Laverne and Shirley and Lucy and Ethel (these are real characters of St. Pius X)
Planning an event of this magnitude and importance, requires the support of many. Energy I have – but if the logistics for the Annual Golf Outing were left to me, well – I am grateful we will never need to find out. Recognition and thanks to those who shared time and talent to bring us to this day, including the members of the Golf Committee and to those who spent hour upon hour soliciting for and creatively decorating the raffle baskets.
- Golf Committee– Fred Morante (Chairperson), Dario Rossie, Anne Bantleon, Pat Crowe, Claudia Stewart, Loretta Dressler, Virginia Wildemann, Michael Mastorides
- Raffle Baskets– Anne Bantleon, Claudia Stewart, Debbie Mazzola, Loretta Dressler, Virginia Wildemann. A very special THANKS to Claudia and Anne Bantelon who for months has been scouring various stores to purchase items for our baskets with amazing determination and creativity.
- Master of Ceremony– After skillfully playing a round of golf, Dario Rossi donned his tuxedo pants and surprised us with a Green jacket (very stylish) and assumed the role of “Master of Ceremony” and auctioneer for the evening events. His talent and presence truly made the evening a HUGE success. Thank you Dario!
- Stephanie Morda, Angela and John Manzi, Virginia Wildemann, Loretta Dressler – Many thanks for the endless hours spent canvassing the local business community for sponsorships and /or gift certificates for our raffle baskets. In addition, Laverne and Shirley are my go-to girls who help to keep me focused ... not an easy task!
- Transportation Squad– We are grateful to those who responded to my plea to assist with the transportation of raffle baskets, signs, giveaways, etc. The following arrived at 7am with their SUVs and cars ready to help! Thank you to all.
- Registration / Event Assistants– Our smart and energetic Business Manager Sarah Sedita (meticulous about every minute details) and her daughter Michaela Sedita, Claudia Stewart (pastoral associate for the parish events), Gerry Stanick, Loretta Dressler, Viriginia Wildemann, Linda Munden, Gail Gomula, Anna Terrano, Jose Pin Amen, Cathy Polz, Debbie Mazzola, Pattie Caiazza, Caitlin Leach.
- Photography– We are indebted to parishioner Bobby Peña who spent the day with us snapping great pictures to memorialize the event.
And where would we be with a “Tee Party” if no one showed up! A very special thanks to the golfers, friends and family who joined us for the day. To all our sponsors, we are very grateful for your continued support! Maybe you were unable to join us but purchased a raffle ticket or two. Or maybe it was your prayers that helped to make this event a success (and FINALLY the weather perfect). We thank you for responding to our call!
Save the Date: 21st Annual Golf Outing - Monday, June 19th 2023
2022 St. Patrick & St. Joseph Party - March 12, 2022
History of St. Pius X - 60th Anniversary Video
History of St. Pius X - Cooking with Marion Celenza & Fr. Valentine
Serving God by Serving Others
Serving God by Serving Others
Your support helps form our priests, deacons and lay leaders; train our religious education catechists and adult faith formation leaders; help our young people grow in faith and prepare for reception of the Sacraments. You also help support the programs and services that provide care and comfort to so many through Catholic Charities and Parish Outreach programs. No contribution is too small.
OPENING OF THE SYNODAL PATH
Moment of Reflection
October 10, 2021
"By walking together, and together reflecting on the journey made, the Church will be able to learn from what it will experience which processes can help it to live communion, to achieve participation, to open itself to mission." Pope Francis
Synod on Synodality Explained!
We are Prayerful!
We are Engaged!
We are Service Committed!
Our Patron Saint
St. Pius X!
- Fr. Valentine Rebello, Pastor
- Fr. Chux Okochi, Ph.D., Week-end Assistant
- Deacon John Burkart, Deacon
- Linda Munden, Parish Secretary
- Mrs. Gail Gomula, Director of Faith Formation
- Mr. Jose Pin-Amen, Facilities Manager
- Sarah Sedita, Business Manager
- Anna Terrano, Receptionist (Weekend)
- Virginia Wildemann, Receptionist (Weekday)