ST. PIUS X COLUMBIETTES
Plainview, Long Island, New York
Who are the Columbiettes?
In 1939, Monsignor J. Francis McIntyre, at that time Chaplain of the New York Chapter Knights of Columbus, and who later became Cardinal McIntyre of Los Angeles, California, seeing great numbers of women coming out of a rally at Madison Square Garden, conceived the idea of a ladies organization to work with the Knights of Columbus.
• Promote the spiritual, social, and charitable welfare of our members
• Instill a steadfast conviction relating to the proper place and function of Catholic women in safeguarding the religious, civil, and economic rights of all Catholics
• Rely upon the intercession of Mary, our Mother and Model, for guidance in guarding the common good, and to work through her, on loving and aiding all members of the human family and to give assistance to the Knights of Columbus in all their activities upon request.
• The BLUE CIRCLE represents the World.
• The WHITE CROSS represents Christ’s love for us – by His Crucifixion He redeemed the World.
• The RAYS represent our zeal to serve God through the Mediums of Faith, Hope and Charity symbolized by the THREE WHITE STARS.
• Blessed Virgin Mary – Let us be ever mindful of the responsibility, which is ours, by emulating her in her purity, and by imitating her as a Mother, for we, as Catholics know, that she is the foundation of all true motherhood.
• Saint Therese, the Little Flower – In her great zeal to serve Almighty God, she welcomed any opportunity to make sacrifices.
• St. Joan of Arc – She was always ready to give her aid unselfishly to those who defended a righteous cause.
What the Columbiettes Do
As a charitable, not-for-profit organization:
we support many different charities, are involved in community activities, work collectively with our Brother Knights to promote faith and unity, and have many social events as well as our religious and charitable works where you will have the opportunity to meet other women who share your interest.
Our Officers The officers for the 2022-2023 year are:
President - Ellen Lessman
Treasurer - Viviana McNamee
Vice President – Angela Manzi
Financial Secretary - Christine Sallie
Secretary - Louise Scagnelli
Sentinel - Carol Corio
Past President - Anna Ensmenger
St. Pius X Columbiettes Meetings are held the 4th Monday of every month at 7:30pm in Madonna Hall except July and August. Dues are $20 yearly; after initial $40 fee at Installation Ceremony
For More Information About Our Auxiliary or To Apply to Join:
Please send an email to [email protected] or call our President, Ellen Lessman, at (347) 236-8103.